Decorations outside? We have wreaths on all the windows and front door, and lighted garland and small trees in urns surrounding the front door.

Real or artificial tree? We have an artificial tree for two reasons:
1) we have to decorate before Thanksgiving because we always host the BSU Christmas Party the Tuesday after
2) we have allergies and I am not willing to chance it.

Tree topper: star, angel, something else? Currently our tree is topped with a star but we have used an angel some years.
Wrapping paper or bags? I always wrap if possible!
Favorite Christmas movie? Two movies make the list: Emmett Otter's Jugband Christmas and Elf.

Do you read the Christmas story? YesDo you display a Nativity scene? I have a Fontanini set that I continue to collect and a wood carved set bought during a mission trip to Guatemala.


Stocking before or after presents? Santa fills our stockings so they get "opened" at the end of Santa.
Do you like receiving Christmas letters/photos? Absolutely! One of my favorite things about Christmas. My mom has a friend from college that always wrote lots of details about her kids lives and every year I LOVED to read her letters!
Do you take pictures with Santa? With my children being deathly afraid of mascots, pictures with Santa are hit and miss. Some years we try it and others we don't.
Does Santa get a plate? For sure! This may sound strange to some of you, but it was one thing that kept the "Santa secret" going strong for us Carters - my mom would put one of her gray hairs near the plate and we would always squeal because we thought it was from Santa's beard! HA!
Do you enjoy Christmas shopping? Not at all. Totally stressful!
Favorite holiday smell? cookies baking
Warm fire or sleigh ride? I'd take both...and on the same night :)
Snowball fight or snowman? Probably snowman

What do you do on a snow day? Like to get up and watch it fall, drink a big cup of coffee, lounge in my pjs, get layered up and talk a walk/play outside, come in and sit by the fire and thaw out, play games as a family, watch a movie, etc.






0 comments:
Post a Comment