The Five Dubs

Monday, March 28, 2011

Spring Break 2011 Recap

Southern Miss' Spring Break was the week before the kids so that really messed up our planning! They should really check with me before they make their schedule! HA! With Kris out of town the week before, it led us to have a rather low key break. Wes and Kris (he is the coach) had several baseball practices scheduled but other than that we didn't have much planned. I tried to think of a few fun things to do locally to help pass the time. However, I needn't plan much because the kids' creativity always wins out! The first day of Spring Break I walked outside to find they had "built" a life size spider web! Who knew a whole roll of boxing tape could provide such entertainment?!?!?


I know the pictures don't do their work justice but - believe me - it was impressive! They had even rounded up mittens, hats, etc. to get caught in the net and serve as the spider's bugs.


I absolutely love when all three are playing so cordially and working together! To see them have so much fun and use their imaginations is just as much fun for me :)

Another day we made an outing of visiting the library and a local park. While they were playing the ice cream truck made his rounds. I never carry cash, but this day I had a few dollars and decided it was worth a Spring Break Splurge! Who needs Walt Disney when you have the Ice Cream Man?? (I kid!!!)


They each picked out a mega popsicle and loved it!


Another favorite event of Spring Break - well, Spring in general - is watching the Golden Eagles play baseball. Nothing like running the bases after a game :)


Photobucket

0 comments: