The Five Dubs

Sunday, March 16, 2008

A little Spring Break treat...

With it being Spring Break I wanted the kids and I to do something special. I did not want the week to pass us by waiting for Dad to return and life to return to normal. But everything I imagined us doing for "fun" ended up being more than I could handle with three children...one of which needs to eat or nap every 1 1/2 hours! But, on Thursday night a good family friend treated us to the Globetrotters. We had a super time! Dash1 REALLY enjoyed himself. I think he was the perfect age. He was belly-laughing through the entire show!



Doll's first taste of cotton candy had her sold. I went in Friday morning to wake her up for their surprise (I'll post about that in a minute) and she drifted back to sleep after waking for a short second or two. I attempted to wake her again and she said (in a monotone, very sleepy voice) "I like cotton candy". It was so funny!



Thanks to my mom! She ended up traveling this way for her Spring Break. She was a big help around the house. More or less, it was just nice to have another adult to pass the time with, to help control three kids while running errands, and to help mealtime be successful! While she was here she also had the treat of watching her 4th grandson/5th grandchild, Dash2, roll over and begin to belly laugh. Such a good week!

0 comments: