The Five Dubs

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Surprise! Daddy! Welcome Home!

So, about the surprise I mentioned in an earlier post...our good family friend (also Dad's co-worker) asked me earlier in the week if I would be interested in riding the bus to the airport to welcome Dad home. I thought it was a fabulous idea and was really looking forward to it. I knew the kids would think such a big bus was super! However, after the week had passed I was tired. My mom and I and the three kiddos ended up going out of town for the day Thursday to see her mother (my grandmother). IT was a great day! She had never met Dash2. And she thought he was adorable! We ate lunch and hung around her house till early afternoon before heading home. And once we were home we went to the Globetrotters. I just was not up for packing up and heading out bright and early Friday morning and riding a bus. However, our friend suggested that he take Dash1 and Doll. GREAT! I knew they would love the big bus and the independence of a trip without me AND Dad would be super surprised! So, off they went on their adventure. Dad was beside himself! He could not believe they came to meet him at the airport. What a great welcome home!

It is great to have him home! Life runs very smoothly with him around. He is s great husband and a super father!

0 comments: