The Five Dubs

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Little blogging hiatus

but not on purpose!

Things around our house have picked up a little since returning from the holidays. Besides the usual "getting back into the routine" our little Bankston Hays has become quite the adventurous little boy! Now that he has pretty much mastered the stairs (going up...not coming down) he is on to more fun adventures...

Like scooting the microwave over and climbing into its cubby

Like deciding he is ready to eat NOW and helping me by taking the black eyed peas out of the microwave and feeding himself

And, like helping himself up on my desk to do a little mouse-clicking


All of these events have occurred with me less than 3 feet away. I am very aware of where he is at all times (for the very reasons these pictures show). I am not so surprised that he is this adventurous (the other two were) and I am not so surprised that it is happening at this age. I am surprised that it has caught me so off guard! Is it because he is my third? Is it because my attention is split three ways? Is it because I have a "been here" done that" mentality? Or, is it because I am older this time? J./Lorrie, Haley, Jessica, Kerri, and any other moms/dads of three children with me here? :) --As the pictures tell I am much more laid back...I grabbed the camera before anything else!--

Well, I hear a precious little boy waking up from his nap. As I press save I am hoping to get our blog back off the ground and keeping my little boy's feet on it!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I think at three you finally have figured out what to stress about and what to just clean up and move on. Sara #3 is by far the most laid back and well skilled Holmes kid. She not only has the others to learn from, she also has a parent that is less likely to call the paramedics for a tumble off the couch. Bankston is lucky #3!

Anonymous said...

First of all, I love these pictures! So cute! AND I love that you stopped to take a picture rather than freak out. I think that time is moving faster with each kid I have - that they're growing up faster. Maybe that's why you're shocked that you're caught off guard with Bankston Hays's new activity. Is it shocking that Bankston is even old enough to climb on your desk? I could almost promise that Hannah was just born yesterday, maybe last week, but definitely not 7 1/2 months ago. Really? I need to start preparing for her first birthday because it's probably happening tomorrow.

Good job on the blog! I'm still checking regularly!