The Five Dubs

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Quick Trip


Kris and I are headed out of town early tomorrow morning. We are flying to Baltimore for the weekend for what I guess you could call a "vision" tour. The BSU will be taking a group of 15 students Spring Break and we are hoping this weekend will give Kris a better idea of what the needs are of the missionary, church, and neighborhood. We will be spending most of our time with the missionary showing us around, getting a feel for the area, and attending their church services. We are pretty excited because it will really help Kris better prepare the students for Spring Break! It will be a quick trip as we will be home Sunday night.

I want to give a shout out to my sweet, sweet sister!
This is Holly. She is a terrific sister, a beautiful wife, and an awesome mom...

and she is keeping our children (plus hers) this weekend! I would not have been able to travel with Kris if she had not been willing to help us out with childcare. I really appreciate her generosity!!! We took turns keeping all 5 last summer when we took our trip to New York and when she and Neal took a trip to Las Vegas. We were both surprised at how smoothly it went! All 5 can be busy at times, but she can handle it! Look at these precious faces - wouldn't you keep all of them for your sister to go out of town!?!

I am pretty excited about this little trip! Getting to see a new place AND a weekend away with Kris?!?! Works for me!

1 comments:

arr-jay said...

Have a WONDERFUL trip! I know you are thrilled. It's sooo sweet of your sister to keep the kids. I know memories are being made every second of those cousins' time together. :-)