(this picture was taken 24 hours after the accident...much better than we thought!)
After she calmed down she was able to sleep peacefully through the night. Kris and I talked about it and decided since it was pushed back we should take her to the Dentist. Fortunately they were able to see her first thing this morning. Dr. Drew tried to push it back into place but it was just too painful. After x-raying it, the tooth looked fine...it was the one next to it that looked bad (About a year and a half ago she was...huhmmm...jumping on our bed and lost her balance crashing her front teeth into the corner of our bedside desk. It all got better but over the time the tooth has turned grey. We were told not to worry. They would not do anything for it since it is a baby tooth). So, as it seems, the grey tooth is the concern for now. As far as concern goes, Dr. Drew said it would be falling out sooner then it should. What is that supposed to mean? Next week? Next month? Or just when she is 5 instead of 6? This threw me into a tailspin of panic! FOUR YEAR OLD PORTRAITS!!! I have my children's portraits made at 4 years old. Do it real nice...buy a big one...have it framed to hang forever...you get the picture!
(Wes' four year old portrait)
But one of my whole points in doing it at 4 is to get a good picture before they lose that baby look AND their baby teeth!!! What if my baby loses her tooth before her baby tooth picture?!?! I still don't quite have that answer. I am thinking I might fudge the rule a little and have her portrait made this Fall instead of waiting until the Spring. She would only be 3 or 4 months shy of 4. Don't you think that is acceptable? I know I am making WAY more of a big deal out of this than I should be. But I am a mother and my babies will not look like this forever. And it is important to me!
0 comments:
Post a Comment