The Five Dubs

Monday, September 15, 2008

Starbucks Lovin'...

One of my all time favorite treats is a Caramel Frappuccino from Starbucks.



I love that it is coffe. I love that it is sweet with caramel. I love that it is cold and slushy. I do not love that it costs close to $5 to enjoy. So, I decided to Google for a recipe and came across several! I am looking forward to trying this soon...maybe this weekend!!!


STARBUCKS CARAMEL FRAPPUCCINO
(taken from http://www.legacyofhope.org/frappe.html)

3/4 cup double-strength coffee, cold
1 cup low-fat milk
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
3 tablespoons caramel
2 cups ice

1. Make double-strength coffee by brewing with twice the coffee required by your coffee maker. That should be 2 tablespoons of ground coffee per each cup of coffee. Chill before using.
2. To make the drink, combine all ingredients in a blender and blend on high speed until ice is crushed and drink is smooth. Pour into two 16-ounce glasses, and top each glass with whipped cream and drizzle additional caramel over the whipped cream. Serve with a straw. Makes 2 "grande" drinks.

1 comments:

Woodman said...

Oh my gosh! That is Scott's fav drink too!! And we just got a new mixer and have been experimenting with some homemade "smoothie" type drinks!! (we havent had much luck making one that actually tastes good!) I'm definitely going to try this one!! I'm going to surprise him...he'll be so proud! ha!