The Five Dubs

Friday, October 10, 2008

Laughter is welcomed

TV is not a priority in our house, and has not been for many years. At one time during our marriage we paid to have many channels (few of those we enjoyed). As time passed we made the decision that TV was not that important to us, that we did not have that many shows we were interested in, and we felt the price we were paying was no where near what we were getting out of it each month. Eventually we chose the minimum cable which costs us less than $10 a month. I know you may be scoffing at this and I understand. But, I must admit, we rarely miss it. We get the news, the weather channel, and PBS Kids. What more could we ask for? I know, I know: ESPN, HGTV, Disney, Nickelodeon, Food Network, etc. But, seriously. We rarely miss it. With three little ones around the house we don't have much time to watch TV and when we have it on we have to be so tuned in to make sure it is appropriate for little ears and eyes (and really only the Weather Channel and PBS Kids fit that bill) that the TV hardly gets turned on.

Kris works on a college campus and has been hearing students talking about The Office for years. It actually comes on a channel we receive, but not at a good time for us to watch it. Well, this summer, a friend of ours offered the first three seasons to us. We started watching them at night after the kids would go to bed. And we had the best time. It was so nice to relax and laugh together. We really enjoyed it! (I will admit that the show can be more than we bargained for at times) Since we have gotten back into the school routine we have not been able to watch it - but we are looking forward to getting caught up!

Well, the BSU interns decided to play a joke on Kris and they put his stapler in Jello. If you watch The Office, you know this scene well! It was very funny! They took pictures and I knew I had to put them up...

1 comments:

Tommy, Suzanne, and Mary Peyton said...

that is hilarious!

tommy and i are addicted to the office. we don't miss a week.

i can't wait to tell him about kris' stapler - he is going to laugh so hard!!!