The Five Dubs

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Garland Show and Tell


Today, Nesting Place is holding her Garland Show and Tell. This is a first for me! I have never participated in a Mr. Linky. But, I figured this would be a good way to start! She has such great decorating ideas and tips. I have learned a lot from her...especially her post on making a garland!

The day after Christmas last year we got out and hit a few of the sales in my hometown. We had never done this before, but I am so glad we did! There are a few locally owned shops that have some amazing decorating ideas/goods and they were marking most things at least 75% off! I was lucky enough to score a few new and updated things to decorate with. What a joy it was to pull the "new" things out this year and give them a go.

My mantle has evolved for what seems like every Christmas. I have never been totally pleased with the look and tended to change it up every year in search of the right garland. I just may have gotten it this year! The shiny ball garlands were one of the best deals from last Christmas and I think they really jazz up the mantle. I love the bright colors, the way they shine with the twinkle of the lights, and the way they nest in the pine garland.


9 comments:

Kristi said...

Awesome job! It is gorgeous. I enjoyed my visit to your blog today. Christmas blessings to you and your family!

Anonymous said...

Loved the garland and visiting your site! Everything looks so beautiful!!

Ribbonwood Cottage said...

Hello, what a lovely site you have and wonderful blog. Your garland is beautiful too. Great job with all your decorating. It's fun isn't it?
Blessings,
Debbie

The Nester said...

congrats on joining in on your first Mr. Linky! It didn't hurt that bad did it? I love how full your garland is and packed with stuff!

Bev said...

As always, you have an excellent eye for details! So beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Your garland is stunning and your family is beautiful!! And you got great things on sale! What more could a girl want!!
Merry Christmas!

-Kim

Katie said...

That is so beautiful! But I have to say...Your kids are super beautiful! And I love their outfits in your banner up top! ;o)

Erin said...

Oh girl- I LOVE iT! I may have to start reading that nester girl's blog! I see you are doing to Christmas tour- should be fun!

Melissa Stover said...

wow that looks great~!