The Five Dubs

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Seafood Bisque

I enjoyed this most awesome recipe a year or so ago at Bunko. With this past weekend's temps dipping a little, I got the desire for a big pot of soup to warm us up. It didn't disappoint!

Seafood Bisque
2 cans whole kernel corn
3 cans potato soup
1 can chicken broth
1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese
1 stick butter
1 qt half n half
2 Tbsp Tony Chachere's seasoning
2 small cans mushrooms, drained (optional)
crab/shrimp/crawfish as desired

Melt butter with half n half in large pot. Soften cream cheese and mix in. Add all other ingredients and cook on low for 30-45 minutes.

**I went to Corner Market and got them to steam me 1 lb of small shrimp. I told them not to add seasonings since they were going in a soup. I also found prepackaged, real (not imitation) crabmeat at Corner Market and used about half the pack.

**I read in one of Robert St. John's articles that you should make bisque the day before you are going to serve it and refrigerate it so all the ingredients/seasonings can blend together. That's what I did, but I ate some as an appetizer Wed.night to make sure it tasted good before serving it to you guys and it was delicious then!!

***My friend passed out this recipe after we were all raving about it. I typed it up just as she did for us - so the extra points are hers, not mine :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am doing this!!!! Oh yes, i am!

Thanks for sharing and HAPPY BIRTHDAY WES!
I simply cannot believe how quickly the years pass!

christi