The Five Dubs

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Flag Football at The Rock

As birthday season rolls around at The Five Dubs, I kick into party planning mode. However, this year I was struggling due to some things God has been doing in my life (which I will post about soon). I didn't mind Wes having a party, per say, but I didn't want to spend a lot of money or have people spend money on gifts. Wes understood this and was fine with it, but still asked to have some fun celebrating with his friends.

As it turned out, their were three boys in Wes' class celebrating birthdays within a week of each other. Their moms and I got together and came up with a super plan - we would throw a party for all three boys and have the guests bring a donation to Homes of Hope for Children. Win-win situation :)

(Birthday boys - Ben, Wes, and Joey)

A flag football party was planned and before long all the details started falling into place - bigger and better than we ever dreamed! The boys got to play at the Rock!






After a good dose of planning plays, executing passes, running the ball, and pulling flags the boys were treated to a tour of the Athletic facility - locker room, weight room, and all!

(Daddy with the birthday boy)

We had a super turnout and the boys got to celebrate with all their buddies. We could not have asked for better weather to celebrate. Fun, fun, times!

(all the party guests)

The boys were asked to bring $5 as a donation to Homes of Hope for Children, but they well exceeded that request - they gave $285!!! I had spoken with our friends who serve as the house parents and discussed buying a Wii game and they suggested buying some kid cereal. But with this larger amount of money more can be done! Way to go guys :)
blog

1 comments:

Shana said...

I think that this is the coolest party ever for 8 year old boys! Good job!