My mom and grandmother (now living with my mom - a post for another time) are arriving this afternoon. The kiddos' school is celebrating their grandparents with a picnic brunch and my mom is getting to attend! My kids are fortunate to have two grandparents live next door that can attend most every event scheduled. However, we are excited that my mom has recently retired and will be attending her first ever daytime school event! It also happens to be her birthday. She has asked for a car detail job (by The Five Dubs) and we plan to throw in a steak supper with Peanut Butter Pie for dessert (I'll be sure and let you know how it turns out - never made it before). Our company will be hanging around through the weekend...throw in 2 soccer games (and a practice), a flag football game, Southern Miss Homecoming and it's festivities...we've got us a full plate!
Next week brings the normal activities, a field trip, turning in consignment items for a local sale (a post for another time), AND Wes turns 8! We have a fun party planned and my family will be coming in for the weekend. This time my mom and grandmother will be back in town plus my sister and her family...it'll be a full house!
I have been gearing myself up for a while knowing what October was bringing with it! I don't stop and "smell the roses" very often. My mind constantly turns to do lists. Well, yesterday afternoon I decided to stop for a few hours. I walked out the back door leaving dishes in the sink, towels waiting to be laundered, piles on the kitchen counter to be sorted and put away, and my bed was not even made (gasp!). The kids and I went to the backyard, hung the hammock, and enjoyed reading. The weather was perfect!

I received a Sonlight catalog in the mail over the summer. They impressed me with their "read aloud" lists. Earlier this school year I took some time to write down all the titles in our age group and searched for them at our Library. We are currently reading The Family Under The Bridge.

The kids have always loved being read to and this story keeps their attention just the same. Now, if I will just stop and enjoy these moments more often, a happier we would be :)
2 comments:
Sounds like a great month!
I didn't know that your mom retired! WOW! That is great! I hop she is enjoying her time!
Have fun!
Sonlight has so many good books. We've been reading them for 6 years now! Enjoyed catching up through your blog!
Post a Comment