The Five Dubs

Monday, October 25, 2010

Marrying That Man

I probably don't have to mention I was just a little excited for August 8, 1998!

The day had arrived and was packed full from the excitement of getting ready and taking pictures. Everything was coming together and my joy was overflowing! The bagpipes began welcoming our friends and family and eleven o'clock was drawing near. The moment came for my brother to walk me down the aisle and as I turned the corner my first sight was Kris waiting for me in his tux. Looking in his eyes for the first time that day made that aisle feel a mile long. I couldn't get to Kris fast enough :)


The ceremony was relatively short and sweet. I posted earlier about Kris' close friend marrying us. My sister served as my maid of honor and Kris' dad served him as best man. Several other close friends participated in meaningful ways and completed such a special day. Boy, was I excited to be pronounced Mr. and Mrs.!!!!


After having the time of our life at the reception it was time to change clothes and be on our way. We said our goodbyes and ran out to our Honda Civic and hit the road.

Kris planned our honeymoon as a complete surprise. He did a super job keeping it a secret. He picked the place and made the arrangements without me knowing a thing! A few days before the wedding he gave me a homemade card giving me clues about what to pack. We could have gone anywhere and I would have been happy - but not knowing made the trip even more thrilling! We made our way to the airport, boarded the plane, and started our journey...


I still had no clue where we were headed as we landed for a layover in Minneapolis-St. Paul (per my request!). We boarded our next flight and landed in Kalispell, Montana - Kris had planned a trip to Glacier National Park!

We stayed at A Wild Rose bed and breakfast. It was such a nice place!


Our trip included:
  • hiking to incredible waterfalls and lakes
  • viewing the most gorgeous starlit sky
  • touring the campus of The University of Montana
  • walking around the town of White Fish
  • mountain biking the trails of Big Sky
  • white water rafting the Flathead River








We had the BEST time!
blog

0 comments: