The Five Dubs

Friday, April 3, 2009

Holiday Books

A few years ago I started a collection of Holiday/Seasonal Books. I decided it was a great way to teach the kids about certain holidays our country/faith acknowledges. I keep these books stored with my decorations for the corresponding holiday/season and pull them out when that time of year comes around. The kids look forward to "what books come next" and learning about these traditions and celebrations.

When we ventured into the world of Preschool, I was re-introduced to Scholastic Book Clubs. We started receiving order forms every month or so and I quickly came to realize they offered some great books at great prices! I have bought some really neat books for every imaginable holiday. Some of these books are educational, while some are fun and silly. They offer books about Thanksgiving, Easter, even Groundhog's Day for $3 or so. We have lots of fun reading these and learning together!

This week I am sending in an order for an "I Spy" or "Where's Waldo" type of book. These are lots of fun to keep in the car. The kids enjoy trying to find things while we are in traffic, waiting on siblings, or even on long trips!

2 comments:

Lorrie said...

I haven't even thought of getting some I Spy books for Shelby! She would so love that and it would be great in the van! Thanks for writing again!

Lorrie said...

I have recently started splitting casseroles too. I think it does have something to do with that 3rd child coming around! I've also found some recipes that include directions on how to do all the prep work for a meal, freeze it and cook it later. It's so helpful to keep us eating healthier, less processed foods and helps me use fresh veggies more. Way to go Mommy!