The Five Dubs

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Outfit Solution for a Hoppy Easter Egg Hunt

It is no secret that I love to dress my children in cute smocked or appliqued clothes. I love even more for them to match or coordinate! Holidays are some of the most fun times to match their clothes. But, in buying matching outfits for three - especially outfits they may only get to wear once or twice - I must spend more money than I want or need. With Easter approaching I started planning their outfits and wanted to find something cute Ann Elise and Bankston Hays could wear for her Easter Egg Hunt at Preschool.

A few months ago I introduced you to my new found friend, Etsy? She stepped up and helped me solve my matching/coordinating holiday clothes for Easter! I found this seller that makes charming iron-on appliques. As I browsed her site I found the most precious designs in adorable fabrics. I was tempted to buy one of everything. But, the more I debated, I settled on just ordering Easter theme appliques for now. I figured I would see how they worked first and then buy more. :) As I waited for them to arrive I went on the hunt for solid color T-shirts and ended up finding several at Wal-Mart online (site-to-store, which is a FABULOUS service) and a few at Target. Once the appliques and instructions arrived, I went to work transferring the designs:

The pieces to the bunny applique:

Plain blue T-shirt from Target:

First step - ironing on the body of the bunny applique:

Second step - ironing on the egg part of the applique:

Third and final step - sewing the button eyes on the applique:

How cute is that?!?

Can't forget baby brother! He's wearing the carrot to match!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Super cute AND affordable!!!

Christi

Erin said...

Oh my goodness... how adorable! I will be checking out that site!!! Please let me know how they wash!

The Parkers said...

precious! yes, let me know how they wash too! thanks for telling us about this!