It has taken me about a week to get back to normal after my sinus surgery. But, we are moving and grooving, now! A few of you commented that you'd like to know how my new found iron-on appliques washed and wore. To that my answer would be...as well as I expected! :)
The fine seamstress who created these little cuties made perfect note that if these were to be worn and washed over and over, it would serve them best to be stitched on after ironing. She even suggested the kinds of stitches to use. I chose not to stitch ours for several reasons:
A) I can not sew - my mother in law has refurbished her sewing machine and passed it down to me so, I would LOVE to learn
B) I was ironing them on the night before the Easter events I ordered them for
C) I knew they were only to be worn once or twice
In my experience - after the first wash they pulled up in one or two spots and were easily ironed back down, after the second wash a tad bit of fraying and more pulling up along 1/3 of the perimeter and again ironed back easily, after the third wash the results were about the same.
This would not keep me from choosing another pattern. I still think they are adorable and inexpensive. I could get matching t-shirts for the whole Carter brood (5 little ones) - they would fit everyone, everyone would match, at a total cost of $40 - potentially less than one outfit from a store!
Saturday, April 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment