We are fortunate to live in a neighborhood with a walking track that has a creek running through the middle. As the days were warming up and the nights were getting longer, our neighbor and her daughter came over and asked the kids if they would like to catch some tadpoles. With that word, my children were off! Over the summer we frequented the creek to catch tadpoles (we always released them). The kids would get giddy at the hundreds of baby frogs swimming crazily in the water. On our visits we started noticing crawdad homes and Kris had the idea to introduce them to catching crawdads. Before long they were gathering their gear (string, paper clip, turkey or bacon, and a container) and catching crawdads - leaving the tadpoles alone. Most trips to the creek they would return with 5 or more crawdads. The excitement of the tug of the string had them hooked!




I would imagine there will be a good bit more tadpole and crawdad hunting in our future!
1 comments:
I have never caught a crawdad! I may have to bring the boys over and try it out one day! But we have caught PLENTY of tadpoles! That is lots of fun!
Hope y'all are doing well! Miss running into you! Glad that you are blogging! I need to get back to it but.... I need motivation!
Christi
Post a Comment