The Five Dubs

Friday, September 4, 2009

Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip


BooMama is hosting a recipe party over on her blog. She wants us to share our favorite dip recipes. And being the appetizer kind of gal that I am, I knew I could contribute! My only problem was choosing a favorite :)

There aren't many appetizers I wouldn't choose over real food on any given day. And this dip is no different! I first tasted this recipe years ago at a Sunday School party and have since made it on numerous occasions. I love that it is served warm and is super cheesy. That rates as delicious on my scale!

Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip

8 oz bag Parmesan/Mozzarella Cheese (grated)
1 cup Mayonnaise (Hellman's tastes best with this recipe)
1 can (14 oz) Artichoke Hearts (drained and chopped)
1 pkg (10 oz) Frozen Chopped Spinach (thawed and drained)
3 cloves Garilc

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix together half of cheese, mayonnaise, artichoke hearts, spinach and garlic. Spoon into a 9 inch pie plate (recipe can be doubled to fill a 9x13 casserole dish). Top with remaining cheese. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly brown.

I have served this dip with tortilla chips or toasted french bread rounds and both were delicious. I honestly can't imagine anything on earth making this delicacy taste bad! With football season here, maybe this dip will find its way to your tailgating table. Hopefully you'll agree with me...YUM-O!

4 comments:

Heather said...

I love a good spinach dip!! This sounds so good!! Can't wait to try it!

Anonymous said...

I have been reading all of the recipes at BOOMAMA! I, too, am an appetizer girl!

I love this for sure!

Christi

A. said...

I think I'm gaining weight just by reading these dip recipes.

But, yum!

Erin said...

I mean, over 200 dips over there! Yummy!