A few years ago, a friend of mine hosted Bunko at her house and served this yummy soup. She had her house all decorated and festive for Fall - serving this soup in hollowed out mini pumpkins! It was precious. But the taste was even more impressionable! After mentioning the soup in my "TWO fun things today" post, I thought I would share the recipe with y'all!
Cheesy Rotel Chicken Soup
1 stick margarine
1 onion, chopped
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can chicken broth
1 lb. Velveeta cheese
2 cans white shoepeg corn
1 can Rotel
1 rotisserie chicken, deboned
desirable amount milk, heavy cream, or half & half
Saute' onion in butter until tender. Add Velveeta cheese and let melt. Pour entire cans of all other ingredients into a crock pot. Add cheese and onion mixture. Chop/shred chicken into bite size pieces. Add chicken to crock pot. Cook on high approximately one hour. Then add milk/heavy cream/half & half to increase volume until desired amount obtained (I usually use 2 cups of milk). Continue to cook in crock pot until soup is warm or until ready to serve. Freeezes well!
If you try it, let me know what you think!
PS - this recipe holds a special place in my heart as it was what I was preparing when I went into labor with Ann Elise...I was chopping chicken at 6:30 pm when I first stopped to start timing my contractions..made it to the hospital ER at 7:50 pm, was complete, and she was here (without drugs) by 8:10 pm. OH YES! It holds a special place in my heart :)
Friday, November 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I am making it tomorrow night! Thanks! You were right, it is easy!
YUMMY!
Thanks!
Christi
Oh Presley... I just posted this recipe! I had no idea you did as well! That's too funny!
We had it for dinner tonight! YUMMY!!!! And oh so easy!
This will be a staple in my house now! The whole fam loved it!
Thanks again!
Christi
sounds good~ cant wait to try it!!
okay, so my turn to make it next! And will try making it the next time I am pregnant and at 40 wks in hopes of good luck :)
SO, I made the soup yesterday and burned the bottom of it! I had scraped up the bottom not realizing it had burned, and it was floating all in the soup. Jason and I were picking out the black stuff before serving it to our church group. Funny! BUT, it did taste great and everyone loved it! Thanks for an easy recipe!
Post a Comment