The Five Dubs

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

L: Lake Tiak-O'khata

I am thankful for having a short visit to such a great place to retreat - Lake Tiak-O'khata.

The former State Director for BSU (now retired) and his wife own a cabin at this jewel of a place. They have made it known that we are welcome to use it any time.


Once I realized that Wes (it was already on the calendar for Ann Elise) would also be out of school all week, I mentioned to Kris that it might be a fun get away. We contacted our friends and got the time arranged!

We had so much fun being away - no laundry, not many toys to pick up - just pure nature and home grown goodness!

We spent time walking the nature trail,


collecting items for and making a nature collage,


popping popcorn and watching a movie,
eating s'mores,
feeding the ducks, attempting to fish,


playing frisbee,
riding bikes,
and relaxing on the screened porch while taking in the gorgeous view of the Lake.

3 comments:

Lozada's said...

It looks so beautiful out there! I know you guys had a nice relaxing time! Think of us something fun to do next on our blog!

Bran said...

Oh how wonderful!! What a great get-a-way...making memories!

her said...

What a gift! Many thanks were melting God's heart for the time you got to spend together w/o civilization!

I was thankful that your family received such a blessing!

Joy,
Debi